Adding and Dropping
To begin the add or drop process, select the plus or minus icon next to the player in the following locations:
- From the player list accessed by selecting the Add or Drop link at the top of the MY TEAM tab of the site tab
- From the player card accessed by selecting the player's name anywhere in the app or site
- From your MY TEAM page or Team app section (drop only)
Available players are either free agents or "on the waiver wire". When using the process initiated with the above instructions, free agents are added immediately. All other players are locked "on waivers" and may be added after the "waiver period" (see below).
Added players are placed on the bench.
Note that in most leagues players lock in position at game time or on waivers when they are dropped.
To promote fair play and prevent actions that compromise the integrity of the fantasy game, NFL.com maintains a list of players that can be benched or traded but cannot be dropped from any roster. The Undroppable Players list is in the PLAYERS tab and can be disabled for Custom Leagues.
Commissioners cannot create their own undroppable list
To begin the trade process, select the trade icon (opposing arrows) next to a desired player in the following locations:
- From the player's managers' Team Page on desktop
- From the player list accessed by selecting the PLAYERS tab on desktop
- From the player list accessed by selecting the Trade link at the top of the MY TEAM tab
- From the player card accessed by selecting the player's name anywhere in the game, including the app
Include comments and submit (or cancel) in the subsequent Review Trade Proposal page. Submitted trades appear in the team notes above the roster on the MY TEAM page, and a notification is sent via email to the other team manager. You can also view them using the "Trades" button on the TEAM page of the NFL Fantasy Football app.
Select "View Trade" on the MY TEAM page and then the "Cancel Trade" button in order to withdraw a trade offer before it is accepted. This can also be done using the "Trades" button in the app as well.
Default Trading Rules
- No maximum number of trades in a season
- The league voting period is 2 full days, beginning overnight at the end of the day the trade is accepted.
- Pending trades appear on Team Pages; managers select "View Trade" to vote for or against a trade
- Overturning trades via voting requires a league majority, including traders
- Once the trade review period expires and a majority has not voted to veto, the players switch rosters, unless...
- Starting players locked at game time may not switch rosters, so if the trade review period carries into a game weekend, the trade will process after the weekend
* NFL+ is available in the United States only. For users outside of the United States, please visit DAZN
* NFL+ is not available in US territories.